Soccer Star

Soccer Star forum
It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:41 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

This section is only for discussing a rewrite of the original Soccer Star game.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:55 pm 
Site Admin

I might have mentioned this earlier, but I plan to make it mandatory to pay a player a fair wage (i.e set by the computer) if you allow his contract to run. This is SS2 only. This just occurred to me again as I was wondering whether or not an OOC player should be allowed to train, but if he's being played, then I suppose it's fine that he trains.

The main reason for doing this was partly realism and partly to stop people from just keeping players in their squad doing nothing until they need them. And OOC player will now get a decent wage and his happiness will drop to 0 very quickly (as it does in SS1) regardless of the wage. But he will at least train.

Let me know if you see any issues with this.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:04 pm 

Glynn wrote:
I might have mentioned this earlier, but I plan to make it mandatory to pay a player a fair wage (i.e set by the computer) if you allow his contract to run. This is SS2 only. This just occurred to me again as I was wondering whether or not an OOC player should be allowed to train, but if he's being played, then I suppose it's fine that he trains.

The main reason for doing this was partly realism and partly to stop people from just keeping players in their squad doing nothing until they need them. And OOC player will now get a decent wage and his happiness will drop to 0 very quickly (as it does in SS1) regardless of the wage. But he will at least train.

Let me know if you see any issues with this.

Am I reading this wrong or are you saying out of contract players can be played?

Swinton Pirates ....ELZ 24 Dinamo Petrovac....ELZ 54
Manchester Dragons...RH 17 Stonefield Cobras ...RH 26
Luosto Tunturi...WS 7 Locomotiv Leigh. ...NSA 18 Limone Sul Garda .....BS26
Trafford Rhino's ...MOA 10 Tyldesley Panthers ...MOA 38

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:13 pm 
Site Admin

They can't at the moment, Glynn is thinking about SS2.

CHARSCOT WANDERERS.........WPL1
DEP EL CELTICO.........................WPL37
WASCISCO RED SOX...................WPL43
ZIASTE NEQUENO.......................WPL24
CASTLE ROCK FURIES..................WPL31
OSSUS STELLA SEI.....................ELZ56
REVELSTONE..(C 05/6, 08/9)........RH15....(191T)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:13 pm 
Site Admin

Not so much you reading it wrong, more me typing it wrong :P The word 'played' there was supposed to 'paid'. So an OOC player will train but can't play. Actually, I'm thinking maybe he shouldn't train either, but it's not really an issue either way now since you'll be forced to pay him fairly, so it's not like people would take hundreds of players and just sit them in their squad without wages and gain training boosts.

And yes, this is only for SS2. Everything in this section is only for SS2.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:44 pm 
Site Admin

Yes you can A/M them. I'm also thinking that maybe they shouldn't be trained. It feels a bit like you can keep them in your squad, train them and see how their skills come along. Seems to me that you should be punished more for keeping them OOC so maybe I'll make them not train either.

Bear in mind of course, around half of a player's skill boosts will come from matches and there's a reserve team now. An OOC player won't be able to play in any squad, even the reserves, so he will be losing out anyway. But I'm still inclined to agree that he can't train either. And just like SS1, his happiness will plummet rapidly, he'll start demanding a transfer and he'll pretty much never sign for you again, even if you offer him a load of money.

Starting to think that maybe after a certain amount of time they should just go automatically onto the AM (kinda like a Bosman ruling). Say after 10 weeks or something.