Soccer Star

Soccer Star forum
It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:49 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

This section is only for discussing a rewrite of the original Soccer Star game.

Post subject: New lineup style?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:53 pm 
Site Admin

Ok, I think we're all agreed that the old line-up tables looked bad, so I've tried John's suggestion of just putting them ontop of each other. It certainly looks better, though I personally think it's slightly more awkward to use, though not much. There's just a bit more scrolling around. However, if you sort your players into order with the ones you want at the top, it's not really an issue. Plus, you kinda know what you're doing when you're selecting anyway, so even I don't get THAT confused.

Also, I haven't done it yet but I could use the exact same piece of code from the squad tables above, so they'll show the identical figures, e.g morale, form etc instead of 'cond' (since there's room now). Could probably have it trim out pointless info like contracts.

Have a look, tell me if you prefer it to the old style.

Post subject: Re: New lineup style?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:15 pm 

I prefer it as you have it now. Just because it is more like SS1. Thanks Glynn

Inter Southampton (OPAL24) Yth Lge champs S9,S31,S32,S35 SLFA cup winners S15. Div 1 Champions S36. Joosters Cup winners S36.

Sylvan Lake (OPAL17) Div 1 champs S19,S29 SLFA cup winners S32

Chapel North (OPAL18)

Southern Vipers (OPAL48)

Olympic Moston (OPAL38)

Barnstoneworth United(OPAL60)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:28 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, visually it's better. Have a player around and let me know. I've been making changes, it's not toooo bad like this. I tried to fix the G/K ratings thing but it doesn't work, I'll try to find another solution.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:55 am 

As you can predict, I think this new style works well, particularly on my mobile. Thank you, Glynn. I also like the highlighted new team name with in league tables, like you'd added in ss1 for cup fixtures; it works much better, particularly when scrolling through on a small screen.

I'm even more pleased that I've won some games recently LOL.

Yorkshire Patriots rh7
Melwood moa4

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:21 pm 
Site Admin

Good info about the phone btw. I should do some occasional tests on my own phone come to think of it. Good thing about the modern technologies is they're all multi-platform so it should theoretically run on anything. Would be cool to have it nice on phones too. Keep giving me info, like if any of the tables could be changed to fit in better.

There's a really annoying issue right now where there's no way to preserve your bid after a player has left the auction market. It'd be really nice on the completed bids to see what your bid was, so you can see how much you lost by, but I have no way of storing it except by bolting on some extra stuff. For now, it just doesn't show your bid but I assume most people will remember their AM bids anyway.