Soccer Star

Soccer Star forum
It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:53 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

This section is only for discussing a rewrite of the original Soccer Star game.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Trainers
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:23 pm 
Site Admin

Agreed re : finances, there's too much money in SS1 to have money as an obstacle, since it simply won't be for some teams. Having said that, the finances do need improving, but that's a different matter.

And no, I don't want any changes if teams move from SS1 to SS2. i.e All skills should be transferred across as they are. Having said that, removing the training facilities won't matter since everyone is in the same position. But since finances aren't an issue now, that might not be necessary.

Re : The extra rating 'i.e World Class', above bril, if that's what you were referring to, then I actually think that helps with this discussion because it makes training your players important again if your players are all maxxed. Bearing in mind the rule that any rating above max (1M now) will increase slower, it'll be a tricky decision whether or not you want the skills trainers or one of the other trainers, such as the fitness trainer or physio.

I'm still thinking of it as an eventual replacement for SS1, but only after some heavy testing which would last for at least a few years and people would use new teams for the testing phase. All of this can be ironed out during testing with the assumption that SS1 teams will be arriving at some point 'as is', so the massive bank balances and maxxed ratings do need to be considered.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:28 pm 
Site Admin

By the way, would I be right in assuming that some SS players play over 500 actual games in their career? I'm not talking about those who arrive from foreign scouts with additional appearances. Is 500 a lot in the existing game? What would be a typical average number for a player who starts at 18 and ends around 35? 400 to 500?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:36 pm 

Just looked at one of my players that "I think" I've had since 17/18, he's 35 now and has been on our books for 556 weeks

Swinton Pirates ....ELZ 24 Dinamo Petrovac....ELZ 54
Manchester Dragons...RH 17 Stonefield Cobras ...RH 26
Luosto Tunturi...WS 7 Locomotiv Leigh. ...NSA 18 Limone Sul Garda .....BS26
Trafford Rhino's ...MOA 10 Tyldesley Panthers ...MOA 38

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:24 pm 
Site Admin

One cup game and all league games is 558 games if playing every week from 18 to 35 so allowing for injuries, loss of form and the odd cup run 500 games would be expected yes.

CHARSCOT WANDERERS.........WPL1
DEP EL CELTICO.........................WPL37
WASCISCO RED SOX...................WPL43
ZIASTE NEQUENO.......................WPL24
CASTLE ROCK FURIES..................WPL31
OSSUS STELLA SEI.....................ELZ56
REVELSTONE..(C 05/6, 08/9)........RH15....(189T)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:03 pm 
Site Admin

Not so much worried how many weeks he's been at the club Woody (it's closer to 600 weeks if you count his youth career), more how many appearances he's made.

I know theoretically 500 is fairly possible, but does it actually happen? I'll go with 500 anyway for my calculations as that's a sensible upper-limit.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:35 pm 
Site Admin

I think players playing 500 games is fairly rare simply because the bulk of 18yo's aren't going to be good enough to play for the first team straight sway and if a team is weak enough that the player is good enough generally the team will improve quicker than the individual, bringing an end to his games anyway.

That said, if you have a star at 18 and want to keep him then getting past 500 games should be fairly easy depending on injuries and form loss. In SS2 500 should be I would say highly unlikely simply because of more variance on form forcing a player to play less and tweaked injuries so if you have that as the upper limit it should be fine in terms of likelihood and logic.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:36 pm 

521 Appearances and not retiring yet so possibly another 33 plus cup run on top of that

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:17 pm 
Site Admin

Right, so on average about 400 and a max of about 600? I just need to know to try to get a decent skill increase over a career.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:24 pm 
Site Admin

Yep, sounds good. With the changes you are bringing in ever presents should be far rarer each season so chances are only the rarest of players will get even close to the higher figure.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:41 pm 

He is an FA Rarity, 521 game and won sweet FA :oops: :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:09 pm 
Site Admin

I'm aiming low with the calculations but I need to be careful. You don't want ratings rising too slowly and with the W/Cl rating, there's no limit so it doesn't matter too much if players edge over 'max' (it's highly unlikely they'd ever get to the equivalent of level 12, even with max training).

Ugh, I just reminded myself... extra training. Why didn't someone mention that :p

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:12 pm 
Site Admin

I think I need to aim for 1.5 ratings from training, 1.5 from trainers and 3 from matches. Those are averages but will be based upon 4 near-maxxed trainers, a decent amount of skills / competitive training (haven't worked on that yet) and 400 matches.

It's still only 6 ratings, so if E/T gives another 2 ratings over 600 weeks, it'd still be ok. E/T should be fairly high I think because it's something you have a lot of control over and decisions to make.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:16 am 

I know you mentioned training points would be higher for youth, but does this bonus stop as soon as they become an 'adult' player in the game!

I know it throws in more complexity which probably isn't needed, but I would guess realistically an 18 year old would increase at a faster rate than a 30 year old!

Yorkshire's Finest OPAL28
East Riding Enterprise OPAL29
Korova Milk NSA24
The Rising Sun NSA51

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:20 am 
Site Admin

To answer your question yes Ben it currently stops as soon as a player turns 18.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:50 pm 
Site Admin

In SS1 it changes when you move him from the youth team. The rating boost only happens to youth teamers and youth player rise faster when in the youth team - for one thing, the youth team trainer only works on players in the youth team.

In SS1, I think if you promote him to a pro before his 18th birthday, he'll lose a lot, if not all, of those bonuses. I can't remember if in SS1 they still get some general bonus just for being under 18, but they certainly lose the youth trainer boosts and I'm fairly sure they no longer get the potential boosts?

In SS2 it'll probably be simpler because a youth player can be played in your main squad without promoting him anyway, so there's no reason at all to ever move him into the pro squad. He'll automatically move when he's 18. So he'll always get the trainer bonuses and the potential boosts. I might add some extra bonuses just for being under 18 too. If you move a player from the youth squad to the pro squad for no reason, he'll lose all bonuses so as I say, it'd make no real sense. Maybe for the sake of realism, I could add a reason to move him but I think I'm right in saying that in RL football, you can play a youth player in the full squad without a pro contract?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next