Soccer Star

Soccer Star forum
It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 12:42 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Week 30 Chat
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:59 pm
Posts: 490
Location: Ross-On-Wye
Very good win for Vaga over Galston. Gives us a good shot at finishing 4th now which considering changes at start of season would be a decent result.

_________________
Whitebrook Rangers WPL23
Huntley Fairways OPAL34
Taynton United WS61
March Town United WS64
Vaga Valiants MOA34


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Week 30 Chat
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:26 pm
Posts: 47
Winterhold at least stop the rot this week with a 2-2 at Riften.
After a good few seasons in div2 Rangers have got themselves promoted to div1 winning 2-0 at home to Biddulph,have a feeling it might be a short stay but we will give it a shot.

_________________
Parkside Rangers MOA59.
Winterhold MOA15.
Morrowind Lions WPL35.
Corinthian Wizards OPAL3.
Woolwich Manor OPAL6.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Week 30 Chat
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:58 am
Posts: 164
Location: West Midlands
Parkside wrote:
Winterhold at least stop the rot this week with a 2-2 at Riften.
After a good few seasons in div2 Rangers have got themselves promoted to div1 winning 2-0 at home to Biddulph,have a feeling it might be a short stay but we will give it a shot.


Good job, well done. :) You'll be alright - lot of unmanaged sides in Division One.

_________________
Mark

Swinfen Hall WS23 - Relegated with only 19 points 2014, PL 3rd 2013
FC Chivas WS45 - PL 3rd 2015/16, 2016
Queen of Hearts FC MOA46 - MOA Cup Winners 2013/14, 2014/15
Bromsgrove Rovers WS33 - PL 2nd 2014, 2016; PL 3rd 2015
Hundon Harriers OPAL52 - Opal Cup Winners 2016
Ayrhead WPL25 - Last for an entire season 2015/16
ASP Gold Star WS1
Oaken Raiders WS30
San Diego Chargers - SS2
Chapel North OPAL18
Aquilonians WS3

http://queenofheartsfc.yolasite.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Week 30 Chat
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:26 pm
Posts: 47
Cheers Mark...my other lot have had a few minor difficulties with unmanaged sides just lately so i'm taking nothing for granted :wink:

_________________
Parkside Rangers MOA59.
Winterhold MOA15.
Morrowind Lions WPL35.
Corinthian Wizards OPAL3.
Woolwich Manor OPAL6.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Week 30 Chat
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:12 pm
Posts: 105
Location: Argyll
Awesome display from Atletico winning 5-0 at home to Elton Vale. The bad news of the week is that our Keeper got injured so no keeper for next weeks cup final.

Am I correct in thinking the youth keeper is automatically selected?

_________________
Longfield Athletic AFC RH10 Longfield K.L.F WPL51
Atletico Mango MOA35, AFC Newport RH36 Den Bosch 550 RH47


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Week 30 Chat
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 12:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:49 pm
Posts: 252
Location: The Land That Time Forgot
Ayrhead wrote:
Parkside wrote:
Winterhold at least stop the rot this week with a 2-2 at Riften.
After a good few seasons in div2 Rangers have got themselves promoted to div1 winning 2-0 at home to Biddulph,have a feeling it might be a short stay but we will give it a shot.


Good job, well done. :) You'll be alright - lot of unmanaged sides in Division One.


And my two, so you should be OK :roll:

_________________
Cheers
Dave.
Barton Blitz......WPL 53 Wigan Wildcats....Opal 58
Swinton Pirates ....ELZ 24 Dinamo Petrovac....ELZ 54
Manchester Dragons...RH 17 Stonefield Cobras ...RH 26 SLFA Cup Winners 2016
Luosto Tunturi...WS 7 Locomotiv Leigh. ...NSA 18 Limone Sul Garda .....BS26
Trafford Rhino's ...MOA 10 Tyldesley Panthers ...MOA 38


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Week 30 Chat
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:13 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 7:17 pm
Posts: 2829
Location: Asleep in the grass
Marc wrote:
Awesome display from Atletico winning 5-0 at home to Elton Vale. The bad news of the week is that our Keeper got injured so no keeper for next weeks cup final.

Am I correct in thinking the youth keeper is automatically selected?


Nope, the default is a all abysmal 16yo keeper is created and selected for the match. Sounds awful but thanks to the complete uselessness of keepers it can be overcome (see Wascisco in the WPL this week for example). The idea is to force managers to have at least two first team keepers, hence the worst possible keeper being created if a manager is caught short.

Here is the one created for the Sox this week to give you a very good idea what to expect

15245 Sam Attewell 1 1 abys abys abys abys abys abys abys abys b/av b/av calm 16 0 0/3 0
1,000

_________________
Cheers
Rich

CHARSCOT WANDERERS.........WPL1
DEP EL CELTICO.........................WPL37
WASCISCO RED SOX...................WPL43
ZIASTE NEQUENO.......................WPL24
CASTLE ROCK FURIES..................WPL31
FENWAY VALIANTS (Comberton)....WPL14
OSSUS STELLA SEI.....................ELZ56
REVELSTONE..(C 05/6, 08/9)........RH15....(138T)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Week 30 Chat
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:26 pm
Posts: 47
woody wrote:
Ayrhead wrote:
Parkside wrote:
Winterhold at least stop the rot this week with a 2-2 at Riften.
After a good few seasons in div2 Rangers have got themselves promoted to div1 winning 2-0 at home to Biddulph,have a feeling it might be a short stay but we will give it a shot.


Good job, well done. :) You'll be alright - lot of unmanaged sides in Division One.


And my two, so you should be OK :roll:

They have not done too bad this season Dave sitting 4th and 5th...promotion push next season mate :)

_________________
Parkside Rangers MOA59.
Winterhold MOA15.
Morrowind Lions WPL35.
Corinthian Wizards OPAL3.
Woolwich Manor OPAL6.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Week 30 Chat
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:49 pm
Posts: 252
Location: The Land That Time Forgot
Parkside wrote:
They have not done too bad this season Dave sitting 4th and 5th...promotion push next season mate :)


Yeah, it looks better than last season when they were 8th & 10th, but in effect Tyldesley are only 2pts better than last and Trafford 7pts , it's hardly record breaking stuff

_________________
Cheers
Dave.
Barton Blitz......WPL 53 Wigan Wildcats....Opal 58
Swinton Pirates ....ELZ 24 Dinamo Petrovac....ELZ 54
Manchester Dragons...RH 17 Stonefield Cobras ...RH 26 SLFA Cup Winners 2016
Luosto Tunturi...WS 7 Locomotiv Leigh. ...NSA 18 Limone Sul Garda .....BS26
Trafford Rhino's ...MOA 10 Tyldesley Panthers ...MOA 38


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Week 30 Chat
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:47 pm
Posts: 18
Location: Nr Isle Of Axholme
Trinity gain promotion :D . Been a great season but some really poor form in the last 6 games where we only got 1 point :oops:
Anyway, promotion was the aim and after quite a few years we have done it. Slightly disappointed that its unlikely we will be champions after being top for so long but never mind. Think his side should be able to hold its own on the division above, with may be 1 or 2 additions. Just need that 15 goal a season striker but I guess we are all after that one.

_________________
Steven
Ropery Rovers (NSA55) Polaris Cup Winners 2017
Ropery Trinity (MOA62)

Ropery Alexandra (WS)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Week 30 Chat
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:12 pm
Posts: 105
Location: Argyll
Charscot wrote:
Marc wrote:
Awesome display from Atletico winning 5-0 at home to Elton Vale. The bad news of the week is that our Keeper got injured so no keeper for next weeks cup final.

Am I correct in thinking the youth keeper is automatically selected?


Nope, the default is a all abysmal 16yo keeper is created and selected for the match. Sounds awful but thanks to the complete uselessness of keepers it can be overcome (see Wascisco in the WPL this week for example). The idea is to force managers to have at least two first team keepers, hence the worst possible keeper being created if a manager is caught short.

Here is the one created for the Sox this week to give you a very good idea what to expect

15245 Sam Attewell 1 1 abys abys abys abys abys abys abys abys b/av b/av calm 16 0 0/3 0
1,000


Thanks Rich. So do I just select the 10 outfield players and the abys keeper will be added automatically (on my turn)?!

_________________
Longfield Athletic AFC RH10 Longfield K.L.F WPL51
Atletico Mango MOA35, AFC Newport RH36 Den Bosch 550 RH47


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Week 30 Chat
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:38 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 7:17 pm
Posts: 2829
Location: Asleep in the grass
I would pick 11 players but expect one of the defenders (usually the first listed) to be replaced by the youth keeper. Better to be safe than sorry as it is a grey area when it comes to manual adjustments at Glynn's end and I'd rather play it safe than take the chance he replaces a defender with the keeper but leaves you short a player !

_________________
Cheers
Rich

CHARSCOT WANDERERS.........WPL1
DEP EL CELTICO.........................WPL37
WASCISCO RED SOX...................WPL43
ZIASTE NEQUENO.......................WPL24
CASTLE ROCK FURIES..................WPL31
FENWAY VALIANTS (Comberton)....WPL14
OSSUS STELLA SEI.....................ELZ56
REVELSTONE..(C 05/6, 08/9)........RH15....(138T)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Week 30 Chat
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:12 pm
Posts: 105
Location: Argyll
Okay cheers Rich, I appreciate that.

Unfortunately I have a threadbare squad due to injuries so I'll put something in the misc. orders and hope that Mr Carey sees it :)

_________________
Longfield Athletic AFC RH10 Longfield K.L.F WPL51
Atletico Mango MOA35, AFC Newport RH36 Den Bosch 550 RH47


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group