Soccer Star

Soccer Star forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:54 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:35 pm 
Site Admin

With the tournament now into the real serious stage, this game got off to an incredibly nervous start. The Premier players were visibly nervous and hardly got into LE's half of the field in the first half, leaving just one man forward. The entire first half was mostly a midfield battle, with neither team willing to risk anything at the back. LE got a few shots on target, but nothing to really trouble the keeper, and the teams went in all square at half time.

In the second half, Premier came out with a much more positive attitude and played to their formation, with 3 men up front. It paid dividends in the 54th minute, when veteran striker Linden Crossley headed home from a Slim Whitman cross. The Premier fans were ecstatic and their enthusiasm almost carried the Premier to another goal soon afterwards. Premier kept attacking, and LE were on the back foot for most of the rest of the game, and with the seconds ticking away on the clock, Premier had one foot in the World Cup final.

But LE hadn't given up. With just 60 seconds left on the clock, LE knew it was do-or-die time, and pushed everybody except their goalkeeper up front. Premier had no choice but to pack their goal area with 11 men, and desperately blocked the shots coming in. With the clock now showing 90 minutes, LE midfielder David Cox smashed a shot against the Premier crossbar. The ball fell into the box and a desperate scramble ensued. Jon Gee blasted the ball straight at Premier defender Royston Tomlinson on the Premier line, who collapsed in a heap but the ball fell kindly to LE defender Hugo Reimer who bundled the ball over the line with his knee.

Tomlinson wasn't the only Premier player on the deck at this point, as the referee blew the whistle to signal extra time. The Premier players looked distraught and it took manager Wayne Smith several minutes to get his exhausted players back on their feet. Conversely, the LE players were buzzing and desperate to get back on with the game.

There could now be only one winner. LE began playing some wonderful passing football, and the Premier players looked tired and clueless. It wasn't long before LE took the lead, striker Brian Palmer driving home a powerful shot from outside the box.

It was enough to secure victory. Premier looked too tired to carry on, even with their full complement of subs on the field, and LE dominated the rest of extra time.

The final whistle blew, and Loxley Elite became the first team to enter the Soccer Star World Cup finals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:13 pm 
good report glynn :D

unlucky wayne, seconds away from the final, :x
at least you have 4 years to decide your next team :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:40 pm 
well done to the LE ! good luck in the final !
commiserations to prem..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:48 pm 
well we did ourselves proud, we can walk with our heads held high, do i resign on a high or carry on, its upo to you guys :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:45 pm 

great report Glynn nearly a match for Chris Farmers Opal reports :lol:

F.C Donny Toros(NSA9) / Belton Raiders(NSA25) / Shawood C.F(NSA6) / F.C Roquetas(NSA29)
Sheffield FC (WS46)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:35 pm 
come on LE get in there great reporting Glynn if you get 5 mins can you do one for the BA :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:47 pm 
Site Admin

If I get 5 minutes, I'm spending it playing games :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:24 am 
i guess you dont mean solo twister or monopoly :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:47 am 
Site Admin

:lol: :lol:

CHARSCOT WANDERERS......WPL1 ImageImageImageImageImage
DEP EL CELTICO.....................WPL37 Image
WASCISCO RED SOX...............WPL43
ZIASTE NEQUENO...................WPL24 Image
ANDELAIN..............................WPL26
REVELSTONE...........................RH15 ImageImageImage
CASTLE ROCK FURIES.............ELZ56.....241T
(Click badges to see my other teams)Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:28 am 

Investigation required as i heard he'd been paid to throw the game so get the match fixing team in!

Taynton United WS61
March Town United WS64
Hillside Athletic MOA52
Vaga Valiants MOA34

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:48 pm 
well he wasn't in my squad for any of the games

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:07 pm 
weve been done :lol:

Post subject: Re: controversy
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:39 am 
Site Admin

knapton wrote:
Only just noticed this but the LE equaliser was scored by LE defender Hugo Reimer, unfortunately he plays for the PREM.

So i'll go with an OG. :D

Either that or I need glasses :P

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]