Soccer Star

Soccer Star forum
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:09 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Week 22 Chat
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:55 am 
Site Admin

Charscot have been in great form of late but face a very hard match at Champions Rhyl F.C who have turned their season around after looking like relegation battlers early on they now find themselves secure in mid-table.

Our recent record at Rhyl is good with 10 points out of 12 at their place before last season's loss. I would like to think our current form could see us win but I have a bad feeling about a number of this week;s games, this being one of them and a 2-1 loss awaits to send us dropping away from the top.

A shame as with the rest of the top five all playing each other a win this week would guarantee gaining an advantage on at least two challengers.

Dep El are in experimentation mode on all non-cup weeks and we will be trying something different for our trip to Beeston Athletic. I think the hosts will record just their fifth league win of the season to give them some hope of survival with a 2-1 win.

Wascisco can't get any sort of good run going and are in trouble and facing Prestatyn Town, the tv darlings, will not be easy. Town have been involved in a lot of high scoring matches (including beating us 5-3 earlier this season) but I think a cagey affair will see one goal decide the match with Town completing the double.

Ziaste haven't lost in their last 18 matches in all competitions and we host Ynysfawr Athletic, who sit in 13th place with a 5 point cushion over the bottom 3. Much of that is down to vastly improved form of late with 4 wins in their last 6 and the other two matches ending in 1-0 losses.

I will go for a hopeful 1-0 win to keep the trend going and keep us in touch with the top 3.

Castle Rock are also in experimentation mode and we go to Stalybridge Celtic who despite the formation they play have stopped two top four sides from winning the past two weeks so this won't be an easy game. I will be optimistic and go for a 2-0 win for us.

Fenway go to Avlon Villa for an enormous match between two sides chasing the top 3. Villa have spluttered of late after being in excellent form for much of the season but a win for them will sen them above us on goal diffeence and with every chance of promotion.

I am surprised Fenway have been anywhere near the top 3 but Villa I feel will promote and they will show their class with a 2-0 win.

LEAGUE FIXTURES

PREMIER

Rhyl F.C ....v.... Charscot Wanderers
Balham Town ....v.... A.F.C Binfield
Real Madrid ....v.... The Academy
St Joseph's BC ....v.... Longfield K.L.F
Wascisco Red Sox ....v.... Prestatyn Town
Beeston Athletic ....v.... Dep El Celtico
The Northerners ....v.... Shaolin F.C
Rivendell ....v.... Vanbrugh Royals

DIV 1

Callie Athletic ....v.... Carnbroe United
Requiem Shark ....v.... Helston Allstars
V.A.G Wolfsburg ....v.... Broomhall Lions
Ziaste Nequeno ....v.... Ynysfawr Athletic
West Ruislip ....v.... Spondon Renegades
Carnbroe Rovers ....v.... Long Eaton Archers
Seabourne City ....v.... Ayrhead
Broomhall Tigers ....v.... The Academy Reserves

DIV 2

Davorin ....v.... Southpool
Grimbald ....v.... Milford Sound
Manx Town ....v.... Space Cadets
Barton Blitz ....v.... Tempest Pervade
Whitebrook Rangers ....v.... Puigpunyent
MTK Budapest ....v.... Colwyn Bay
Zakreze F.C ....v.... Los Santos Cosmos
Dutch Uncles ....v.... St John's United

DIV 3

Avlon Villa ....v.... Fenway Valiants
The Reds ....v.... Emmy's Monstars
Caglibari Calcio ....v.... Kilmarnock
Abergarwed Athletic ....v.... Broomhall U23s
Metal Militia ....v.... Fishtoft Athletic
Broomhall Panthers ....v.... Morrowind Lions
Stalybridge Celtic ....v.... Castle Rock Furies
FC United ....v.... Rapid Gentrification

CHARSCOT WANDERERS.........WPL1
DEP EL CELTICO.........................WPL37
WASCISCO RED SOX...................WPL43
ZIASTE NEQUENO.......................WPL24
CASTLE ROCK FURIES..................WPL31
FENWAY VALIANTS (Comberton)....WPL14
OSSUS STELLA SEI.....................ELZ56
REVELSTONE..(C 05/6, 08/9)........RH15....(144T)

Post subject: Re: Week 22 Chat
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:46 am 

Ayrhead go on the road this week and face Seabourne City. Never too sure what to expect from these meetings - there have been a lot of draws in our recent history, including our last meeting.

Bromsgrove Rovers WS33 - PL 2nd 2014, 2016; PL - 3rd 2015
ASP Gold Star WS1
Swinfen Hall WS23 - PL 3rd 2013
San Diego Chargers - SS2
Hundon Harriers OPAL52 - Opal Cup Winners 2016
Ayrhead WPL25
FC Chivas WS45 - PL 3rd 2015/16, 2016
Queen of Hearts FC MOA46 - MOA Cup Winners 2013/14, 2014/15
Frog FC - NSA46
Rockwell Rangers NSA16
Chapel North OPAL18

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:55 pm 

Looks like we have blown promotion :(
Need to go on another win streak :P

Southpool (WPL33)
Jetz (NSA42)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:43 am 
Site Admin

Afe big wins this week but Charscot lost so frankly I don't give a sh*t ... :(

Charscot lose a game of few chances at Rhyl to drop two places to fourth. With a number of high profile games coming up it will be a miracle for us to be even fourth in a few weeks.

Midfielder Gomez gets a hat-trick as Dep El rout Beeston 4-1 at Beeston.

Wascisco fight back from two down only to still lose 3-2 to Prestatyn Town.

Ziaste thump Ynysfawr 5-1 to move into third place.

Castle Rock win a meaningless game at Stalybridge 3-2.

Fenway get an excellent 2-1 win at Avlon Villa as loanee El-Khatib scores both goals.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:56 am 

A barely scraped victory is very welcoming :D

Southpool (WPL33)
Jetz (NSA42)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:36 am 

7 games unbeaten now for MTK as they climb the table.

Tadcaster Albion OPAL49
Askham Bryan United OPAL53
Par Athletic Opal59
Sleights FC RH12
FC Tayside NSA11
Staffordshire Rovers NSA44
MTK Budapest WPL22
Stainsacre FC WS5
Askham Bryan Athletic WS24
Rapid Moseley WS51

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:18 am 

Whitebrook blow a 2-0 lead to be level at half time, but don't make the same mistakes after the break and score 3 without reply for a 5-2 win. Nice little gap to 4th place but a long way still to go yet but we are doing the right things at right time with 6 wins and 2 draws from last 8 games 8) 8)

March Town United WS64
Vaga Valiants MOA34

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:55 pm 

Dissapointed , wasteful and finally puts the final nail in the coffin that pretty much ends our season :( take nothing from Rich and his Fenway side much better squad and deserved three points :) , we're just not good enough ! not enough goals in the team. Leaves me at the cross roads ? Maybe time to invest for next season or just rip the team apart ?

Madchester City Moa6
West Brinsley Albion Moa17
Sunderland I.f.k (Forest Afc) Moa19

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:04 pm 
Site Admin

You are being a bit too kind to myself and a bit harsh on yuor side. Fenway's squad isn't that good, they just happen to have a couple of loans in that make them look much better as a squad.

The one area we are strong compared to your boys is attack. I would invest in attack and try and get in more pure attackers (ie players with crap tackling) rather than converting mids (even though Gil your top scorer is a converted mid :oops: :lol: ).

Get a couple of attackers in and you will be fine. Even without them you can be successful, just need to find the right tactics for the side (as you know tactics are king and will beat any personnel upgrade). :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:37 pm 

Charscot wrote:
You are being a bit too kind and a bit harsh on yuor side. Fenway's squad isn't that good, they just happen to have a couple of loans in that make them look much better as a squad.

The one area we are strong compared to your boys is attack. I would invest in attack and try and get in more pure attackers (ie players with crap tackling) rather than converting mids (even though Gil your top scorer is a converted mid :oops: :lol: ).

Get a couple of attackers in and you will be fine. Even without them you can be successful, just need to find the right tactics for the side (as you know tactics are king and will beat any personnel upgrade). :D

Am I pal ? am I being too harsh ? no other way to dress it up they are sh*te or I am ? it's there to judge. :P :lol:

Yeah .... you have found my one weakness that I have a fetish to turn Mids into attackers :oops: ..... what can I say I like to defend from the front :P :lol: but that shouldn't stray from the fact we should still hit the target ! ( In Gils defence ! when I acquired this young wimp of a lad way back in the summer of 2016 , he said he wanted to put this club on the map! I asked him what position he played ? I pi**ed my pants with laughter when he said he was a mid but the rookie manager I was back then - I gave the lad a chance and from the off he wasn't going to be a mid but he had any eye for goal , so he got his break as an att :) who by chance can tackle abit :) :lol: my faith paying off with 33 goals in 99 apps for Avlon Villa :p the same applies to Petrov boasting 24 in 83) so they both should be-able to find the back of the net ! no excuse ...... don't forget we do have the more orthodox attackers on the books but the one Mr Garbett kindly donated is still waiting to see the counsellor and is in hiding he arrived to late to salvage what is left of the season he should have been here week 1 - my fault for that :oops: but coupled with our best and most orthodox attacker Murphy , he has been in the treatment room with a groin strain which has hit us hard (but the funny bit - he picked up the injury in the local welfare car park with the local free ride at bingo breaking rule 1 of no sex on training and match days 52 weeks of the year they get the mandatory 23 days payed holidays) so after the match today you can be assured Rich! that after the hairdryer was well and truly thrown around the changing room I marched straight to that treatment room and ripped Murphy a new ar***ole and gave him a genuine reason to be there.

Monday Morning blues and all that it's water under the bridge now :lol: ..... in the end it was alot to ask - I said to you at start of season :!: we will have a go but didn't think we would have enough or I'd have enough to pull it off. You are right new atts needed! if you know of any ?? and maybe a few defenders ?? maybe a whole 11 while I think about it :P :lol: , either way if I ripped the team apart and invest all the cash in below cull players the team would be in a far better place than the squad I got some seasons ago ! so a major (for me anyway) achievement and it would give the next boss a step up ??? but saying all that ! the last bit ! it will be business as normal early Monday morning pitch side for the match and in the market for mids ....... I mean atts. :P :lol:

And writing all that :shock: is time in my life I will not get back :lol:

Madchester City Moa6

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:42 pm 
Site Admin

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :D :D :D

Your team isn't crap, nor are you. Just need to find the right tactics.

The top 3 aren't the best 3 teams in the division by any means, they just have done a good job on tactics (better than both of us :lol: :oops: :D ). Heck one of the top 3 hasn't even got 13 players available most weeks but they do a great job with what they have.

If it makes you feel any better Castle Rock are lower and they are better than Fenway so not as if I am doing a consistent job by any means !! :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:53 pm 

Charscot wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :D :D :D

Your team isn't crap, nor are you. Just need to find the right tactics.

The top 3 aren't the best 3 teams in the division by any means, they just have done a good job on tactics (better than both of us :lol: :oops: :D ). Heck one of the top 3 hasn't even got 13 players available most weeks but they do a great job with what they have.

If it makes you feel any better Castle Rock are lower and they are better than Fenway so not as if I am doing a consistent job by any means !! :D

thought you would like that :) , you got the edited version I took out the bit with the tea lady and cook in the treatment room it was getting more like a fifty shades novel :P :lol:

Thanks Rich it softens the blow abit and agree with everything :D but it don't make me feel any better as we face Castle Rock in 2 weeks so that is another defeat :P that will doom us to our expected finish of mid table :)

Madchester City Moa6

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:02 pm 

another great performance on the road, 10 goals & 3 wins from the last 3 :shock: keeps us in contention with the top 6 8)

Kilburn United (WS57)
Inter Derby (WS10)
Spondon Renegades (WPL3)
Chaddesden Celtic (Opal41)
Torpedo Belper (NSA17)

http://razorsssteams.bravesites.com/