Soccer Star

Soccer Star forum
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:26 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

This section is only for discussing a rewrite of the original Soccer Star game.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:16 pm 
Site Admin

This is quite a big update and may be prone to errors and bugs, so I'm opening a new thread.

1. SLFA players on the auction market. I think this may really improve the game in several ways. It'll bring in the extra quality players that the leagues need and it'll help balance out the finances by siphoning money back to the SLFA. The players are always 'very good' to 'brilliant' (the computer's interpretation of that at least) and will be randomly aged anywhere between 16/0 and 35/29, so the quality will vary. Nationality is completely random, so we'll get all sorts of interesting countries cropping up. Remember, there is no limit to the bids on the SS2 AM, so this may be really interesting (note that if you do bid extremely high, the receiving club only ever receives 10x the player value, this is to stop cheating, but in this case, it makes no difference since the money basically disappears to the SLFA).

This could be error prone since the AM setup is already quite flakey, but seems to be stable in testing at least. I need to run this for at least a few weeks (the rest of this season at least) for testing.

It will affect the finances and my main concern right now is the youth squads becoming nothing but money-raising squads and yes, the youth scouts do still seem to be useless.

There will be 1 player created per turn, per league. Note that the player appears to belong to a certain league when in reality he's a free agent, but this does allow you to see when bidding for him will end (different to SS1 where they all end on a certain league). Should be better for everybody this way, although right now, the odds of SS2 having more than 1 league seem slim.

2. Change-arounds on turnsheets. Opponents are now right above line-ups, to allow easier viewing. Extra training is slap-bang in the middle of the two squads. It looks bad but it's much easier to use. Depending on what people think, it could be moved.

3. Transfers removed.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:48 am 

Looks much better to me at first glance :D :D :D

Swinton Pirates ....ELZ 24 Dinamo Petrovac....ELZ 54
Manchester Dragons...RH 17 Stonefield Cobras ...RH 26 SLFA Cup Winners 2016
Luosto Tunturi...WS 7 Locomotiv Leigh. ...NSA 18 Limone Sul Garda .....BS26
Trafford Rhino's ...MOA 10 Tyldesley Panthers ...MOA 38