Soccer Star

Soccer Star forum
It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:24 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

This section is only for discussing a rewrite of the original Soccer Star game.

Post subject: Programmes
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:35 pm 
Site Admin

Feels like another area that could be simplified as they don't seem to be much fun nor can you really do anything clever with them. Should I maybe just simplify them and have you generate profit along with the other match-day profits, based on the size of the crowd? So a rough idea would be something like 10% of the crowd buy a program at around £1 profit each? So you wouldn't be involved in any way, but you'd still see a sensible profit? I could perhaps also add stuff like refreshment income, again, with no input from the manager.

Like the other topic, should the away team get anything from this? Should it be added before the tax bill and then split 75/25 (50/50 for cups). Programmes do sound like something that the home team should get of course, except at neutral venues when nobody would get anything presumably.

Post subject: Re: Programmes
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:07 pm 

10%! thats a bit tight :lol: Think at some of my ss1 teams im at about roughly half the crowd buy a program

At a neutral venue (ie; cup final) i think it should just be split between the 2 sides

As for when it should be added.. presumably after everything as the home side should get the profits.

In my view the away side (apart from the cup) shouldn't get anything. If the home side has a decent ground/gates and gives the away side say £100k, then you go to their ground and they have a rubbish ground and you walk away with about £50k. Would make managers build up their own club instead of gaining from managers that have spent time doing it to theirs..

Colwyn Bay WPL61
FC United WPL32
Stalybridge Celtic WPL26

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:01 pm 

I know it is a minor thing but I can't see the point in making a change from how it is now. It isn't exciting but it works. Agreed that only hike club should get it. Values should be more realistic, that is the only suggestion from my point of view.

Yorkshire Patriots rh7
Melwood moa4
St. John's United wpl40
Round Hill nsa41
Sa Domu Cheta ws14
SS2.0: Epping Utd (Champions of All)
SS2.1: Oxted Utd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:31 pm 
Site Admin

So programme sales to the home club and somewhere between 25% and 50% of the crowd? 50% sounds a lot to me, but I made the game back in 91 when programmes were about £1 each. Not sure if they still sell similar amounts but it doesn't really matter. I'm thinking randomly between 25% and 50% might be ok at around £1 profit per programme.

If I do leave the manager some control over the program prices then it needs to be more interesting and viable than the current system. I can't think of a way of doing it but the way it works now, if you put the price down, you just sell more but make less money. I could change it so that you just sell a % less than whatever price hike you add, but then you'll just always make the same amount. I can't think of a way of making this fun and viable.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:37 pm 

But in ss1 you also have to predict the number to make...I personally find it amusing when people make a loss by making so many which they can't sell. Lol

Yorkshire Patriots rh7
Melwood moa4
St. John's United wpl40
Round Hill nsa41
Sa Domu Cheta ws14
SS2.0: Epping Utd (Champions of All)
SS2.1: Oxted Utd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:15 pm 
Site Admin

I think a lot of people just pay no attention to it, so they leave it on a slightly high figure to max out the number sold. Obviously the ideal number would be the exact amount needed. At least if the computer does it, it'll always get it approximately right, so nobody benefits or loses out.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:36 pm 

Those that put the effort in (not me I should add) should benefit bit the difference would not be that great unless they vastly over estimate the print figure

Manx Town (WPL64)
Inter Southampton (OPAL24) Yth Lge champs S9,S31,S32 SLFA cup winners S15
Wight Wanderers (OPAL5)
Southampton Sity (OPAL15) SLFA Cup winners S20 Joosters winner S24 Div 3 champs S25
Sylvan Lake (OPAL17) Div 1 champs S19,S29 SLFA cup winners S32
The Islanders (OPAL25)Yth Lge champs S25
Southern Vipers (OPAL48)
Yth Lge champs S24 Joosters winners S31

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:00 am 
Site Admin

I don't think it makes much money anyway does it? I do want a few things where you can make money with effort but it shouldn't be much. Right now the new sponsorships thing kinda covers that, but we'll see how it pans out in testing.