Soccer Star

Soccer Star forum
It is currently Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:40 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

This section is only for discussing a rewrite of the original Soccer Star game.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:36 am 
Site Admin

Prefer the bans across all comps, simpler as a manager knows instantly x isn't available next week whereas with a ban in say the cup only could result in a manager forgetting an upcoming ban and whilst the system will stop them picking them it won't necessarily remind them say at the point of a sale so a new recipient of a future banned player may be less than pleased at finding their player banned.

But can't say as I'm that fussed either way so if feelings are strong then follow the force Glynn :)

Re points suspensions, how often it is triggered really depends on how often you code the game for bookings doesn't it ? That is under your control so really you can both answer and determine that question's relevance..

You could perhaps make the points ban kick in at say 15 points instead of 21 as it currently is, then it is two less bookings to a ban and won't be triggered by two lone red cards (which obviously have their own bans already). You could then have a ban every two instead of 3 cards so then on 21 points, 27 points etc

Points do have to be wiped at the end of the season definitely, with the only thing that carries over being any current ban, be it reed card or points induced. So a player sent off on the final day can't play at the start of the next season and say a player gets a 3 week ban with one game left in the season they then miss the first two game of the next season.

CHARSCOT WANDERERS.........WPL1
DEP EL CELTICO.........................WPL37
WASCISCO RED SOX...................WPL43
ZIASTE NEQUENO.......................WPL24
CASTLE ROCK FURIES..................WPL31
WILLOUGHBY HUSKIES.................WPL25 (Ayrhead)
FENWAY VALIANTS ....................WPL14
OSSUS STELLA SEI.....................ELZ56
REVELSTONE..(C 05/6, 08/9)........RH15....(175T)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:51 am 

Have to agree with Rich's thoughts over bans affecting individual competitions, I know for one I would always forget that a ban which a player receives, due to a red card, only affects a cup game!

Especially if like me you are always rubbish in the cup, if my player got sent off in round one and as a result I lost (to be honest I always lose in round 1 any ways) and as its a ban it gets carried across to the following season it means he can't play in round 1 the following season! That's a whole season where I would need to remember he was banned!

Best he just gets banned next game if possible!!

Yorkshire's Finest OPAL28
East Riding Enterprise OPAL29
The Cantina RH22
Korova Milk NSA24
The Rising Sun NSA51

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:51 pm 
Site Admin

The problem will be on league/cup weeks, where, if you have a 1 match ban remaining, which one is he banned for? And that's going to be very awkward to program and actually quite fiddly for the manager too. It'll be confusing to see a player available for the cup but not for the league.

Bear in mind that when it comes to picking your squad, the available players are shown on your screen, so if you've forgotten, it won't make much difference when it comes to picking your squad as just won't show up on the screen.

On the other hand I can see the point that it's more confusing in some ways. It would obviously show on the player status section and I could put a sort of 'reminder' somewhere, though as I said above, picking the squad is going to be the obvious reminder.

I suppose another way might be to have no suspensions at all for cups? It sounds wrong and probably isn't a good idea.

For the points, I quite like the idea of just '3 strikes and out', with the strikes being yellow cards here. So 3 yellow cards = a one match ban. Wouldn't need any points at all here, just a yellow-cards tally. It could show as a simple 1 or 2 on your sheet (obviously at 3 he's suspended and it reverts to 0). Even better, I could make some little card graphics of one or two yellow cards. I'm already excited at that prospect :P

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:59 pm 
Site Admin

Yep, not a bad option re the strikes and the graphics should be fun !

CHARSCOT WANDERERS.........WPL1
DEP EL CELTICO.........................WPL37
WASCISCO RED SOX...................WPL43
ZIASTE NEQUENO.......................WPL24
CASTLE ROCK FURIES..................WPL31
WILLOUGHBY HUSKIES.................WPL25 (Ayrhead)
FENWAY VALIANTS ....................WPL14
OSSUS STELLA SEI.....................ELZ56
REVELSTONE..(C 05/6, 08/9)........RH15....(175T)