Soccer Star

Soccer Star forum
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:50 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Week 18 chat
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:15 pm 

Hi all, St Albans drew 2.2 and stay top by 1point. Park fc drew 1.1& Pinner lost but Uxbridge won 1.0 so over all. Not a bad week. Could of been better. :lol:

Pinner Fc ELZ5
Wealdstone OPAL33
Park FC ELZ30
Stanley park MOA64
Uxbridge Fc

Post subject: Re: Week 18 chat
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:56 pm 

A good week for PSV with their win and FCR going down to Demon Gunners. We now have a six point lead over FCR and Ridgmount after tight win for Rovers.

A win for Alliance also puts them up into the top four, but I can't see them turning around the ten point gap.

Loco actually won this week. Thankfully the bottom three have been rank this season and Loco will survive again.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:42 am 

Good wins for Swinton and Dinamo, but both are terribly inconsistent and can't see either getting anywhere until we sort this :roll:

Swinton Pirates ....ELZ 24 Dinamo Petrovac....ELZ 54
Manchester Dragons...RH 17 Stonefield Cobras ...RH 26 SLFA Cup Winners 2016
Luosto Tunturi...WS 7 Locomotiv Leigh. ...NSA 18 Limone Sul Garda .....BS26
Trafford Rhino's ...MOA 10 Tyldesley Panthers ...MOA 38

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:38 am 

Simeon wrote:
A good week for PSV with their win and FCR going down to Demon Gunners. We now have a six point lead over FCR and Ridgmount after tight win for Rovers.

A win for Alliance also puts them up into the top four, but I can't see them turning around the ten point gap.

Loco actually won this week. Thankfully the bottom three have been rank this season and Loco will survive again.

Charming.

And why would the bottom three be rank? I take on a squad valued at less than £4million with A/D and S/C ratings of fair and fair and regularly play sides valued at more than 10 times my own. My next opponents have 2 players worth more together than my entire first team. The International scout has found ONE Foreign Player all season - Denham Queue found several in the same time period.

Sorry I'm spoiling your game against yourself every other week. If it bothers you that much that I'm dragging the standard down I'll leave the league.

Ayrhead WPL25 - Last for an entire season 2015/16
Queen of Hearts FC MOA46 - MOA Cup Winners 2013/14, 2014/15
Hundon Harriers OPAL52 - Opal Cup Winners 2016
Swinfen Hall WS23 - Relegated with only 19 points 2014, PL 3rd 2013
Bromsgrove Rovers WS33 - PL 2nd 2014, 2016; PL 3rd 2015
FC Chivas WS45 - PL 3rd 2015/16, 2016
ASP Gold Star WS1
Oaken Raiders WS30
Shakespeare Albion ELZ18
Denham Queue RH52
Blackburn Olympic NSA37

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:29 pm 

Jesus...calm down :shock: Where did I say it was spoiling my game?

I based my comment on the fact that there is a nine point gap between third bottom and fourth bottom and the bottom side only has one point all season with the second bottom side on five points, so in comparison to the others in the league their season hasn't been great.

I realise the culling of teams makes it very difficult to compete and personally, I think the culling has been to the detriment of the ELZ in terms of compeditiveness.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:53 pm 
Site Admin

Totally agree re the culling (across all leagues frankly - I felt the old system based on value worked perfectly well and should have been left as is as no one had major issues with the culling when as clear cut whilst not destroying sides).

Mark - I can see where you are coming from but I really don't think Simeon meant it in the way it came across to you. Certainly he didn't meant it as an attack on you or the bottom 3 sides in general. He was just making the point that the relegation positions were not threatening him despite a poor season. I made far more damning comments about the bottom of the RH Premier division last season where the bottom 7 all deserved to go down due to atrocious results.

Of course, there are normally good reasons for bad results (be it culled sides, bad luck, injuries or on occasion simply bad managers or managers doing a bad job) but Simeon's comment came across to me as a throwaway line talking about his own team's survival rather than an attack on any other side.

Any sides who are relegating are going to have had mostly bad results, and rank is simply a term many of us use to describe bad results (or indeed anything bad), it doesn't mean the managers have done anything bad per se or that it is a criticism of those sides, just a simple comment about their results collectively. :)

CHARSCOT WANDERERS.........WPL1
DEP EL CELTICO.........................WPL37
WASCISCO RED SOX...................WPL43
ZIASTE NEQUENO.......................WPL24
CASTLE ROCK FURIES..................WPL31
FENWAY VALIANTS (Comberton)....WPL14
OSSUS STELLA SEI.....................ELZ56
REVELSTONE..(C 05/6, 08/9)........RH15....(134T)