Soccer Star

Soccer Star forum
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:57 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:50 pm 
Site Admin

Due to it becoming clear the current system regarding comments that can have a negative impact on Glynn's business isn't working as hoped a slight change is going to happen.

In the past if managers have put "turns were not processed" in the weekly chat the wording has been edited to "not received" as the former implies Glynn hasn't done his job and that can negatively affect his business.

Glynn has a very clear rule here -

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=37327

Under the title "Complaints" -

Specifically in his own words -

I'm now making this a forum rule, so please read carefully.

If you have any complaints about Soccer Star, me, the program etc, please make them to ME, not to Rich, and certainly not to the entire forum. There's a growing tendency for people to point out every tiny error I make, and this isn't good for the image of the game. Even worse, when people get in touch with me and we work out what's happened, half of the time the error is THEIR fault, and not mine (e.g they missed out an ID code, typed it wrong etc). But instead of coming onto the forum and pointing that out, nothing is said so everyone just assumes it was my fault anyway. So the damage is done already.

In my defence, there are still nearly 400 teams in Soccer Star, and most do several orders and I get MOST of them right. Of course I am human, and if I type in 3000 orders every week and I get 1% wrong, that's 30 errors a week I'm making. 1% isn't bad, but 30 SOUNDS bad if everybody decides to report it.

If you want to reduce errors on your turns, I have some advice. Go to email (if you aren't already) and use the email client, since you'll then be typing in most of your orders yourself.

Anyway, for the good of the game, I'm now banning complaints of this sort from the forum and will delete any posts I see. As I said at first, please report all errors to me and I'll try to sort them out ASAP.

Some managers sadly don't seem to be grasping the effect their choice of words can have, which is understandable to a point as most of the time they will be writing their comments shortly after seeing something they aren't happy with on their turns. However, whilst understandable it doesn't alter the fact that it hurts Glynn's business and I don't think anyone would want to see SS hurt in this way.

If a manager has an issue with their turns they should always take it up with Glynn as he is the one that can hopefully get to the bottom of the issues. If you are unsure and think there is a manager error (for example on a failed transfer) then, as many of you know and can attest to, I am happy to look into these for you first as if both managers have their deals down correctly deals should go through.

So from now on if any posts say orders were not processed or anything similarly that can imply fault lying with Glynn then his rules will be fully enforced and the post will be removed. I would ask all managers to let me know if they see an offending post as those posts can drive away managers and those complaining should be dealing directly with Glynn only.

CHARSCOT WANDERERS.........WPL1
DEP EL CELTICO.........................WPL37
WASCISCO RED SOX...................WPL43
ZIASTE NEQUENO.......................WPL24
CASTLE ROCK FURIES..................WPL31
FENWAY VALIANTS (Comberton)....WPL14
OSSUS STELLA SEI.....................ELZ56
REVELSTONE..(C 05/6, 08/9)........RH15....(144T)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]